Thursday, 10 August 2017 20:45
YAMAHA CORPORATION OF AMERICA
THE INGRID MICHAELSON SWEEPSTAKES
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins August 9, 2017 and ends August 11, 2017 at 12:01 pm (ET) (“Sweepstakes Period”).
3. ENTRY. There is one way to enter:
Ø ONLINE ENTRY. During the Sweepstakes Period, visit the Yamaha Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/YamahaEntertainmentGroup and comment on the Ingrid Michaelson post. Your online post is considered your entry (“Entry”). Limit one Entry per person. No automated or mechanically reproduced entries accepted; incorrect, incomplete, untimely, lost, misaddressed, misdirected or unverifiable entries are void. Proof of online submission is not proof of receipt. Sponsor’s database computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. ODDS. The odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
5. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. Winner will be chosen by random drawing from all eligible posts received. Potential winner will be privately notified by Yamaha via Facebook. Potential winner must respond to Yamaha within 1 day or winner may be disqualified, and his/her prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If any prize notification is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Winner agrees to allow Yamaha to use Winner’s name (whether in print publication, online, or other means of communication), without compensation, to notify the public of your winnings. Winner must pick up prize at Imperial Theatre, Will Call Window, located at 249 West 45th Street, New York, New York.
Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, and winner may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prize. Winner may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release indemnifying the Released Parties (as defined below) from any and all liability related to the awarded prize and confirming Yamaha’s right to use the winner’s name for publicity purposes. Each potential winner may also be required to sign one or more additional agreements to confirm all terms of these Official Rules, as well as an IRS Form W-9. Failure to sign and return any documents when requested, or the providing of any false or incomplete information, may result in disqualification.
6. DRAWING DATE, PRIZE AND VALUE. The following identifies the drawing date, number of potential winners, prize available, and approximate retail value throughout the term of the Sweepstakes:
|Number of Potential Winners
||Approximate Retail Value
On or about August 11, 2017
1st Place Prize
||Two tickets to see Ingrid Michaelson’s final performance in the Broadway Show “Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comment of 1812” on Sunday August 13, 2017 at the Imperial Theatre + one signed autographed Playbill signed by Ingrid Michaelson.
The total approximate retail value of all prizes is $450. No prize substitutions, cash equivalent or transfer of prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of Yamaha. Yamaha is not responsible for lost or misdelivered prizes due to entrant’s inaccurate or improper address information. Yamaha is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged prize, once received and in the possession of prizewinner. Yamaha retains the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater retail value in the event any advertised prize becomes unavailable.
7. INTERNET. If, for any reason, Yamaha is unable to conduct this Sweepstakes as planned due to technical failures, such as those caused by a computer virus, hacking, other unauthorized interference, fraud, or any other cause beyond the control of Yamaha which obstructs or otherwise adversely affects the proper administration, reliability, fairness, or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Yamaha reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any person found to have interfered or tampered with the Sweepstakes, and if deemed necessary by Yamaha in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such circumstances, and if practical to do so, Yamaha will endeavor to award the advertised prize(s) among all eligible entries received that were unaffected by the problem. Yamaha assumes no responsibility for any failure in transmission, however caused, including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, communications line failure, theft or destruction of information or unauthorized access to entries, their damage or alteration. Yamaha is not responsible for its failure to receive any email or entry due to software failure, technical problems, human error or transmission congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s, or any other person’s, computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading of any materials in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: YAMAHA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER PENALTIES, OR REMEDIES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FROM ANY PERSON(S) ATTEMPTING TO DELIBERATELY INTERFERE WITH THE CONDUCT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR TO DAMAGE THE WEBSITE. Any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes , or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or who has previously been barred from any Yamaha offers, social media or other activities, may be disqualified from this Sweepstakes and any future Yamaha Sweepstakes, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If a dispute arises over the identity of the person who transmitted an entry associated with an identified email address, the “Authorized Account Holder” of the email address submitted at time of entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online provider or other organization (e.g. business, education institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addressees for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any entry sent through the use of an automated sending device will not be accepted and will not be considered a valid entry.
9. RELEASE. By participating in this Sweepstakes, all entrants and winners release, discharge, and hold harmless Yamaha Corporation of America, its parent company, Facebook, Inc., Ingrid Michaelson, Imperial Theatre and their respective partnerships, subsidiaries, divisions, branches, affiliates, assigns and agencies, including, without limitation, their respective officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability or claims for any and all legal claims, injury, loss, illness, litigation or damages arising out of their participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, use, misuse, non-use or possession of the prize. Any portion of the prize not accepted by Winner will be forfeited, and the Released Parties are not responsible for any inability of the Winner to accept or use the prize (or portion thereof) for any reason. Released Parties are not responsible for printing or typographic errors in any Sweepstakes or related material or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, postage due, and/or illegible entries or mail. If, in Yamaha’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of a virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud technical failures or other causes beyond Yamaha’s control corrupt the administration, securities, fairness integrity or proper play of the Sweepstakes and award the prize from all eligible entries received to date tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, Yamaha reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual and/or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and award the prize using all non-suspect eligible entries received as of the date of such action. In the event that any dispute arises regarding the meaning or interpretation of these Official Rules, participants agree that the dispute shall be resolved by applying the laws of California and that it shall be resolved by and within the courts of that state. For New Jersey residents, the limitations on damages set forth above are inapplicable where attorneys’ fees, court costs, or other damages are mandated by statute.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS. All federal, state and local laws apply. Yamaha Corporation of America is the final interpreter of these Official Rules. The decisions of Yamaha are final in all matters relating to the Official Rules.
11. WINNER’S LIST. Winners will be identified within 30 days after the end of the Sweepstakes on Yamaha’s https://www.facebook.com/YamahaEntertainmentGroup or for a written winner’s list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Yamaha Corporation of America, 6600 Orangethorpe Avenue, Buena Park CA 90620, Attention: CEG/ Ingrid Michelson Sweepstakes. Requests must be received by September 13, 2017.
12. SPONSOR. Yamaha Corporation of America, 6600 Orangethorpe Avenue, Buena Park CA 90620. Facebook Inc. is not a sponsor of, or associated with, this Sweepstakes.
Published in Main Navigation
Friday, 14 July 2017 16:39
IT’S BEEN A HECTIC FIVE YEARS for Will Wells. Since arriving in Los Angeles in 2011 after studying at Berklee College of Music, he’s worked with Quincy Jones, Barbra Streisand, Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato, RZA, John Mayer, and many other artists. He completed a tour as keyboardist for Imagine Dragons and recently scored his first songwriting hit after co-writing “Can’t Sleep Love” for the a cappella group Pentatonix. Meanwhile, he helped make Broadway history as a sound designer for the smash show Hamilton.
Friday, 14 July 2017 16:25
IT’S NO SURPRISE THAT THE BAND RIVAL SONS WAS PICKED TO TOUR with such classic rock acts as Aerosmith, Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath. The band’s music harks back to an era when all you needed to rock the world were a muscular rhythm section, a leather-lunged singer, and blazing blues-rock guitars.
Friday, 14 July 2017 16:11
WHAT DO THE TOP 10 HITS of pop diva Halsey have in common with the virtuosic and metrically complex jazz-fusion of the band Polyrhythmic? Not much—except for the inspired participation of keyboardist/composer Greg Spero.
Friday, 14 July 2017 15:29
OCCASIONALLY A GREAT SONG MATERIALIZES fully formed in a songwriter’s head. But more often, songwriting is about discipline and persistence. At least that’s been Gabe Dixon’s experience.
Friday, 14 July 2017 15:08
For all the great music that came out of the 1980s, it wasn’t the most inspiring era for players whose passion was jamming and improvisation. When the young members of Blues Traveler first ventured from their Princeton, New Jersey hometown to play New York City clubs, their raw, blues-based performances were far from fashionable. But the band had the right idea at the right time.
Friday, 14 July 2017 05:14
BILLY SHEEHAN IS ONE OF HISTORY’S MOST INFLUENTIAL electric bassists. With stunning virtuosity, he brings a guitar hero’s flash and flair to the instrument, exploring countless new techniques in his work with Talas, David Lee Roth, Steve Vai, Mr. Big, and Niacin. Yet Sheehan never loses touch with the bass’ foundational rhythm section role. His playing is a savvy blend of fretboard wizardry and good old-fashioned groove.
Friday, 14 July 2017 04:54
ERIC WORTHAM IS A PIANO VIRTUOSO of the highest order, skilled in both classical and jazz playing. Yet he feels no musical limitations performing pure pop on tour with Adele.
Friday, 14 July 2017 04:25
ABSTRACT KEYBOARD TEXTURES COLLIDING with blissful pop vocals. Raucous guitars duking it out with complex acoustic-electronic beats. That’s the creative yet catchy sound of The Rocket Summer’s recently released sixth studio album, Zoetic.
Friday, 14 July 2017 03:30
WITH 15 YEARS OF INSPIRED GIGS in the '90s and '00s, Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals earned a reputation as one of the world's great roots-rock bands. Harper's accomplices conveyed the range and nuance of his passionate songs while bringing out the best in Ben's explosive guitar work. But after years of relentless touring, the band needed a break.